I started with some warm up exercices using doted technique and a variety of bright colours.
When that proved unsuccesful, I decided to go with a more traditonal colour palett. However, I found difficulty in deciding on the background colour.
To make my choice easier, I imported a see-through screenshot from the storyboard.
When importing the see through image didn’t help, I took the final designs and imported the two birds side by side. This showed me that the green shade I had chosen was too dark therefore I brightened it.
It looks fine in my opinion, but I carried on experimenting with colour anyway, using complimentary colours.